Know How To Protect Your Skin From Metal Reactions



Many people complain of allergic reactions when they wear a specific type of jewellery. Last month, I purchased an exquisite gold necklace from a reputed online jewellery website. To my surprise, the piece of jewellery caused blemishes all over my neck. Has it happen to you too? Amazingly, I later discovered that the staining is actually not the sole product of allergy issues. Mostly, it is caused by the chemical reaction that occurs between one’s skin and the metals that are employed in making of jewellery. If you might have observed, then such reactions take place on sweaty parts of one’s body.

It is important that you know about the metals or the semi precious beads that suit your skin and about those which don’t. Are you pissed off by the occasional blemishing caused by jewellery? Well, here are some effective solutions to your metal allergies:
  • Precaution is always better than cure. It can be either a sterling silver jewellery or copper jewellery, or any other jewellery piece that does not suit your skin. Before wearing any jewellery, find out the metals with which it is made up of. If you’ve a prior painful experience with the metal in jewellery , it is better to keep a safe distance from it.
  • Are you someone who tosses away her expensive gold earrings or Semi Precious Beads often? Talking about myself, I am someone who does not like to wear her real earrings. I’m fond of fancy yet artificial jewellery. If you’re too like me, probably you might be suffering from the hands of nickel. You can experiment out with costume jewellery as it is absolutely free of even the slightest trace of nickel. Observe whether you find any difference or not. If not, it’s time that you bid a goodbye to  cheap jewelry.
  • I remember when I was a child, my mother bought a pair of gold earrings for me. Within a couple of days, the gold began to stain my skin. Back then, I didn’t know much about the reactions that emerge out of metals and its solutions. Lately, I found out that opting for a more pure form of the metal like say 18-carat gold can help you to a great extent. It is recommended that you opt for yellow gold over white or rose gold.
  • When it comes to hypoallergenic metal, platinum is the finest pick. I’ve replaced my gold collection with platinum and it is a big sigh of relief! Though it is a little expensive but it is worth it. You too give it a shot!
  • Put up a question to your jeweler whether the jewellery piece can be layered with another metal coating or not. For an instance, you go for a rhodium coating for your white gold jewellery to prevent it from metal reactions.
  • Use a clean nail polish to paint the surface of your jewellery including the stones for jewelry making.
  • Besides platinum, there’s another metal which is known for its hypo-allergenic characteristics. It is none other than titanium.
  • Look for hypo-allergenic labels on jewellery before purchasing your jewellery.
  • Take proper care of the stones for jewelry making and don’t let it tarnish with time.
Hope, you found this article informative. For any suggestions or queries, feel free to connect with us!
 

Comments

Popular Posts